Letter to Parents - June 2023/24
Dear Parents and Carers
Hello and thank you for choosing Tredworth Junior School.
You child is due to start school on Wednesday 6 September 2023 at 9am.
Included in the pack is a welcome letter from Year 3 staff, telling you a little bit about the things we are hoping to do in September.
There will be an opportunity for your child to visit the school and meet their teacher before the end of the term. These arrangements will be made during the school day.
Also within this pack you fill find a variety of forms and information. Please can you complete the Admission Form and return to the School Office as soon as possible. This can be dropped off at the office or sent by email to email@example.com. If you wish for any clarity or explanation, please contact us on 01452 524578.
Key areas to be aware of are:
- Free School Meals – register on line now – www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals.
If in doubt, register and the on-line system will notify you if you are eligible.
This is really important. All children are entitled to free school meals at the Infants. However, at the Juniors, you need to register on-line with the County in order for your child to receive free school meals. This also means that the school will receive pupil premium funding.
- Paid Dinners – all dinners are paid for on-line using Parent Pay. A letter with your activation code and instructions to set up an account will be available before the end of the term. No cash is taken for school dinners.
- Uniform – Online Sales of School Uniform – you can order and pay for school uniform from School Trends by following the link: https://www.schooltrends.co.uk/uniform/TredworthJuniorSchoolGL14QG
Please order as early as possible to allow time for returns should there be any problems with sizing.
- School website – www.tredworth-jun.gloucs.sch.uk – please keep an eye on the website for up to date information. We will also send you an activation code to use our school app in September.
- Medical conditions, allergies and dietary requirements – if you would like to inform us of any medical conditions, allergies or dietary requirements that your child has, please email the school office on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Our motto at Tredworth Junior School is “together we make the difference.” We look forward to meeting and getting to know your children and making a difference together.