Geographical learning is embedded within the Learning Journey.
- Locational Knowledge
- Place Knowledge
- Human and Physical Geography
- Geographical skills and Fieldwork
- Use of geographical vocabulary
- stimulate pupils’ interest in and curiosity about their surroundings
- increase their knowledge and understanding of the changing world
- encourage pupils to ask questions and propose solutions to environmental problems
- develop pupils’ competence in specific geographical skills
- foster a sense of responsibility for the earth and its resources
- Improve pupils’ skills in writing, mathematics and computing.
- Develop pupils’ thinking skills
- Promote pupils’ awareness and understanding of gender, cultural, spiritual and moral issues
- Develop pupils as active citizens