Classes for Parents on Zoom in January 2021
We have lots of courses for your parents starting in January 2021. All of our family learning courses are being delivered via Zoom.. The tutors all have a wide experience in their subject and bring great energy and enthusiasm to the course.
There are 3 Wellbeing courses:
* Calming the Mind- a focussed mindfulness course for 5 weeks on Tuesday mornings from 10:30-11:30
* Happier and Calmer :Wellbeing at Home- this course looks at the science behind wellbeing
* Yoga and Guided Meditation. The first half of this course focuses on yoga, which is aimed at all abilities. The second part of the session will be a guided meditation so that parents can find new ways to relax fully. Parents don't need any experience or special equipment- just space to lie down in.
Supporting children's maths:
* Give Your Kids A Boost in Maths in the Infants focuses on how children learn maths skills in Reception, Year 1 and 2, giving parents tips on the language used in school today and also sharing how they can bring maths into everyday situations
* Keeping Up With the Kids Maths in the Juniors focuses on supporting children with maths in the Juniors. We will discuss the way maths is taught in school today and give parents support with helping their child to learn their tables, and complete specific numeracy tasks, such as fractions.
English as a Second Language
* Improve Your English and Help Your Child delivers English lessons for ESOL parents and teaches them how their children learn in school
* Help Your Child with English in the Early Years is a course for parents with preschool children. They come together (virtually) to share a story and make some resources to go with it. This course focuses on teaching parents how they can support their child to develop their language skills.
If you are interested please contact:
Family Learning Coordinator
Adult Education in Gloucestershire
4 - 6 Commercial Road, Gloucester, GL1 2EA